Here’s the thing, if you’re not the best chef and want to get high with not a lot of weed – firecrackers are for sure the way to go. This legendary and almost foolproof recipe will have you feeling confident that you’ve accomplished something. You will also feel very very high. But first, we must decarb the weed.
A firecracker is a cannabis edible you can make with minimal ingredients in only 30 minutes. This simple, tasty recipe can be crafted in a pinch if you want to make your own edibles without too much hassle. Firecrackers allow any DIY edible enthusiast to control how much cannabis goes into each iteration of the recipe and customize to personal potency preference.
Choose Your Strain & Get Your Firecracker Ingredients Together
The first thing to consider is the marijuana strain you want to choose. For example, Harlequin offers a nice and even CBD to THC ratio which is ideal for medical use. If you are looking to get baked, Super Lemon Haze is an excellent option due to its high THC content. If your goal is relaxation, ACDC is a solid choice as it has far more CBD than THC.
The amount of weed you use depends on your tolerance. Typically, you could have anywhere from 0.1 grams to 2 grams per firecracker. If you have a high tolerance, for example, and are making 12 crackers, you will need 24 grams of weed – almost an ounce.
The next step is to pick your favorite cracker. Lots of users prefer graham crackers but once again, it is a matter of preference, but the spread you choose makes a BIG difference. Regardless of what you choose, make sure the crackers are large, flat, and thin.
If you decide to use peanut butter or Nutella, it is best to pick a cracker with a low sugar content, unless of course, you have a massive sweet tooth! For a sugary taste sensation, use Nutella AND peanut butter! In general, the spread should contain a high monounsaturated fat content. Your next piece of required equipment is aluminum foil. Make sure you have a large piece for each individual cracker.
Before you begin, make sure you decarboxylate your marijuana. It is best if you finely grind it first before putting in the oven. The decarbing process converts inactive cannabinoids into active ones. For example, the THCA and CBDA in the weed will be converted into the effective THC and CBD we all know and love. Place your cannabis in the preheated oven at around 250 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it for 20 minutes.
Usually, the weed needs to be in the oven longer to fully decarb but remember, it will be in the oven again on the crackers so it will be fully activated when you have finished baking your edibles. You don’t need to decarb the weed if it has already been vaped or smoked in a joint. Grind the baked cannabis once again until it is ground into fine particles.
What are Weed Firecrackers
Weed firecrackers are a cannabis edible that is made at home. It is cannabis and peanut butter between two crackers.
Firecrackers are not an edible recipe renowned for their taste. Most edible recipes will require that you make an infused ingredient, like cannabis butter, and then use that ingredient in a recipe. Since firecrackers add plant matter directly to a recipe, they tend to be unpleasant. However, they certainly get the job done.
What does it mean to decarb weed?
Decarbing is short for decarboxylating. Basically, in order for an edible to get you high, you must decarb the cannabis part of it.
Think of it like this: when you’re smoking out of a pipe, as soon as you light it, the combination of the heat and the light actually makes the carboxylic acid in the raw weed detach, and turn into THC.
THC = the good stuff. You can’t make a firecracker without the good stuff.
How can I decarb weed in my kitchen?
It’s a totally easy process to do on your own. If you’re making firecrackers for just yourself, we recommend starting with a half gram of cannabis.
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees F.
- While your waiting for your oven to heat up, take your half-gram and put it into your grinder, or if you don’t have one, scissors will do the trick.
- When your oven is done preheating, grab some tinfoil, place your ground up weed in the middle of the foil, and pop into the oven for around 15 minutes. Any more than that and you might scorch the weed.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 5 grams of weed
- A grinder (or scissors)
- Baking sheet
- Aluminum foil
- Graham crackers (or any cracker, really)
- Peanut Butter
Step 1: Decarb the weed
Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F.
- Measure off about a half gram of bud.
- Grind the bud
- Sprinkle (gently) the ground up bud onto a sheet of aluminum foil
- Wait for the oven to finish preheating
- Dance if you want
- When the oven is ready, place the sheet of bud into the oven
- Cook around 15 minutes (no more than 15 minutes)
- Take the decarbed bud out of the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.
Step 2: Prepare the cracker
We’ve seen people use Saltines, Wheat Thins, and even Triscuits before. But we want to make it clear that graham crackers are going to be the best.
- Turn the oven up to 300 degrees F.
- Grab your graham cracker, split it into two on the dotted line.
- Open a jar of peanut butter and smear a good amount onto the graham cracker. Lay it on, you’ll thank us later. (You really want some type of fatty butter or spread here because the weed will respond better to it when you cook the firecracker.)
- Sprinkle your decarbed weed onto the peanut butter. Make sure it really sticks to the peanut butter, and maybe even smush it in there a bit. The more it’s mixed with the peanut butter, the better.
- Place the two graham cracker halves on top of each other like a s’more.
- Wrap the firecrackers all the way with tinfoil
- Put it in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Once 20 minutes have passed, take the firecrackers out and let them cool for 10 minutes.
- Don’t forget to turn the oven off
Step 3: Munch that fella down
There you have it, folks.
Firecrackers are indeed the easiest edibles to make. Have a half, wait 45 minutes to see how you’re feeling. If you’re feeling good, that’s probably a sign a half is enough for you. If you’re not feeling anything after an hour…the second half might be just what the doctor ordered.