Cannabis Desserts: Weed Taffy
Time Required: 45 minutes
Yields: 3 to 4 Dozen Pieces
What You Require:
- marble or rock slab
- 1½ mugs cocoa sugar
- ½ glass Cannabis Corn Syrup
- 3 tablespoons Cannabutter (or customary margarine)
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla concentrate
- wax paper
- sweet thermometer
1. Join cocoa sugar, corn syrup, Cannabutter and water in a pan. Heat, mixing infrequently, until temperature comes to 256 degrees.
2. Include salt and Cannabis Corn Syrup to pot and blend.
3. Pour blend onto a lubed marble/stone section and permit to cool until you can securely touch it.
4. Stretch out taffy until it is light in shading, including vanilla concentrate as you extend.
5. Haul out strings of taffy that are 1 inch in measurement. Softly oil scissors and cut taffy into chomp size pieces.
6. Wrap every individual bit of taffy in wax paper. Twist ends to close.
Cannabis Desserts: Cannabis Lemon Berry Trifles
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cannabis infused butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 large large eggs
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest grated
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest grated
- 2 cups blueberries fresh
- 2 cups raspberries fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9X13 inch quarter sheet pan baking sheet. In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time then add the lemon extract, zest, yogurt and dry ingredients. Mix evenly with an electric mixer but finish mixing by hand to ensure even distribution of batter. Pour into greased cake pan and smooth out evenly into 1.
- Prepare the lemon cream by whipping together the heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar, lemon extract until stiff peaks start to form. Whip in the lemon zest.
- To assemble the trifles, use an upside-down half-pint jelly jar as a cookie cutter and cut 20 circles from the baked cake. Don’t worry if you need to piece some of these circles together, once they are layered in the jar, nobody will ever know the difference. This dessert is VERY forgiving!
Press one cake circle into the bottom of each of the 10 half-pint jars. Add a layer of fruit on top, followed by a layer of cream, then another cake circle and more berries. Cover with jar lids until served or covered tightly in storage containers and refrigerated for future use.
Cannabis Desserts: Bakeless Apricot Berry CBD Tarts
A delicious home-made dessert that is gluten-free and contains health-conscious ingredients, including oat flour, raw almond butter, dried apricots, and fresh strawberries. This no-bake dessert doesn’t have a lot of sugar or THC, so it’s easy to eat without feeling sick afterwards.
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnut meal
- 1 1/2 cups oat flour (save 1/2 cup for adding into the crust mixture later)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons CBD oil
Strawberry Apricot Filling
- 2 cups dried apricots
- 1 cup fresh cut Strawberries
- 1/4 cup water (add more if needed)
- A sprinkle of hazelnut meal
- A sprinkle of coconut flakes
- A sprinkle of cane sugar (if desired)
- Raspberries, blueberries, thinly sliced strawberries, and mint leaves to top each tart
How it’s done:
1. Begin with the crust ingredients, heating coconut oil in a small saucepan until it melts. Remove from heat and transfer to a small mixing bowl. Add CBD hemp extract and whisk together thoroughly until blended. Set aside.
2. Use a blender or food processor to chop the apricot pieces until they are tiny. Add coconut oil and process again, then use a spoon to scrape the apricots towards the bottom of the blender. Add almond butter and blend again.
3. Spoon any excess dough into the bottom of a blender and add in 1 ½ cups of hazelnut meal and 1 cup of oat flour. Pulse the blender until it’s mixed well, then use a spoon to stir occasionaly as you put everything else together. Fill a bowl with this mixture, adding another 1/2 cup of oat flour
4. Next, it is time to make the filling. Place dried apricots and cut strawberries into a blender or food processor. Blend well until the pieces are finely chopped. Use a spoon to scrape down any excess filling that sticks onto the sides of the blender. Add 1/4 cup of water and continue blending until mixture turns into smooth pur
5. Using a 12-cup muffin or cupcake pan, line each cup with baking cups. Have the crust mixture nearby. Use your fingers to press the crust mixture into the bottom of each cup. Make sure to spread evenly across the pan.
6. Next, using a spoon, top each cup with the strawberry apricot filling. Press down firmly and spread in a circle so it forms a smooth top. Make sure all of the crusts are covered. Ideally, you will want more filling than crust for each tart.
7. It is time to garnish the tarts. Using your fingers, sprinkle some hazelnut meal, coconut flakes, and cane sugar over each top. Since these tarts do not contain added sugar, this is where you can gauge your desired level of sweetness. Add more cane sugar if you prefer extra sweet. Just use a dash if you would rather stick with a healthy dessert.
8. Place the strawberry tarts into the freezer for 1 to 1.5 hours to chill. Once the crust has frozen, top with thin slices of strawberries and return them to the refrigerator until ready to be served.
Cannabis Desserts: Powerful Peanut Butter Balls
Makes 6 – 7 dozen
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
- 1 cup cannabutter (hardened)
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Mix together peanut butter, butter or margarine, confectioners’ sugar, and graham cracker crumbs. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- Melt chocolate chips and shortening in top of double boiler. Dip balls into chocolate mixture and let dry on waxed paper. (Poke each ball with a toothpick for easier dipping.)
Cannabis Desserts: Pot Apple Pie
For other cool recipes, check out The Cannabis Cookbook: Over 35 Tasty Recipes for Meals, Munchies, and More
Estimated Time: 2 hours
Serves: Makes 1 Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons cannabutter (marijuana butter)
- 6 tablespoons shortening
- 6-8 tablespoons ice water
- Warm the cannabutter in the microwave for 10 seconds to soften it (not to melt it).
- Combine all other ingredients in a large bowl. You may use your hands or a dough blender here.
- Wrap dough in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 5 tart peeled apples
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Apple Filling Instructions:
1. Peel and slice apples and soak in water with a tablespoon of lemon juice for 10 minutes.
2. Mix everything except the apples in a large bowl.
3. Remove apple slices from water and place in the bowl with the other ingredients. Mix them around in order to coat the apples as much as possible.
Putting It All Together:
1. Divide dough into 2 equal portions.
2. Roll one portion into a flat circle 1/8 inch thick.
3. Place and shape into baking pan.
4. Put apples in crust and top with some butter to enhance the flavor of the apples (you may use cannabutter here if you’d like).
5. Roll out the remaining portion of dough and place on top of pie. Use the back end of a knife to press the top to the bottom crust.
6. Wrap tinfoil over the pan so it covers just the outer portion of the top crust, so the edges do not burn.
7. Bake at 400°F for 55 minutes or until the crust is a golden brown.