Founded in 2002, World Sports Betting is one of South Africa’s leading online sportsbooks. With over 250,000 monthly pre-match and 200,000+ live markets, it should come as no surprise that World Sports Betting has achieved such success. Our World Sports Betting review will take a detailed look at the bookmaker. This includes key safety features and World Sports Betting mobile options.
What is World Sports Betting?
Dating back to 2002, World Sports Betting is licensed and regulated by both the National Gambling Board and Gauteng Gambling Board. Owned by World Sports Betting PTY and based in North Riding, Johannesburg, the bookie is appealing to punters in South Africa for a number of reasons. World Sports Betting has made a name for itself as a result of its excellent sports coverage. On top of this, the simplicity of the betting site is another selling point. Accepting payments in South African Rand, the sportsbook also comes with a good number of safe payment methods.
The World Sports Betting name has been enhanced due to high profile sponsorship deals. The bookie is in partnership with a number of sports clubs and events. These include The Bulls, 5A Triple Crown and Extreme Fighting Championship.
On top of sports betting, World Sports Betting also delivers an entertaining online casino. Here, casino games including slot, table and live dealer titles are found. Coming from top software providers, including Evolution and Ezugi, with poker and game show options being available too. In order to promote responsible gambling for both sportsbook and casino customers, the operator is associated with www.responsiblegambling.co.za.
Is World Sports Betting South Africa Safe?
As always, safety is paramount when recommending betting sites. World Sports Betting is secure on both desktop and mobile. This is the case at all times thanks to Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology from Thawte. This feature protects all sensitive information, including debit card details.
World Sports Betting Sign Up Offer
As with the vast majority of other betting sites, those signing up at World Sports Betting can take advantage of a generous welcome bonus. In this instance, a free bet worth R50 is up for grabs. In order to qualify, simply register a new sportsbook account, before depositing funds for the first time.
New customers must then contact the bookie via [email protected] or live chat, in order to request their free bet. This must be done within 72 hours of registering. The free bet amount must be wagered 5x before withdrawals can be made. Other terms and conditions state that just one free bet is available per person and household. Meanwhile, no withdrawals will be processed without a FICA security check.
After this free bet offer is complete, punters can then claim a matched deposit bonus worth up to R10,000! A minimum deposit of R50 is required to qualify. The full bonus amount must again be wagered at least 5x, with minimum odds of 1.5 being in play too. Claiming your reward again requires an email, this time with the subject “100% Bonus Offer”.
Casino customers can also claim a welcome bonus upon signing up. Register a new account using the promo code “PLAY100”. Doing so will reward players with a R100 Live Games voucher. Vouchers are available to use on games from Evolution, with wagering requirements of 20x being found. A valid deposit must then be made before winnings can be withdrawn.
World Sports Betting Ongoing Promotions
It is not just new customers that can claim rewards at World Sports Betting. A huge number of ongoing promotions are available too, which revolve around specific sports and events in most cases. At the time of writing this World Sports Betting review, the following sportsbook offers were available:
- Multi Bonuses – Existing customers can claim up to 50% extra winnings on multiple bets. A winning 2 leg bet will be boosted by just 2%. A 50+ leg multiple is required to claim the maximum boost. This promotion is not available on horse racing markets.
- Bulls Exclusive Try Promo – Bet on the Bulls rugby team to win a game and receive 5% of your stake back for each try they score. Applies to pre-match bets only, with the maximum bonus being R2,000. With rugby betting being so popular, it comes as no surprise that a specific promo is available.
- Esports Acca – In the event of your Esports accumulator bet losing because of the final leg, receive a refund as a free bet up to R2,000.
- Super Rugby 1st Tryscorer – Place a bet on the first tryscorer of a Super Rugby game. Should your winning pick go on to score another try during the game, your winnings will be doubled. Enhanced earnings are paid out as a free bet, again up to R2,000.
- VAR Promotion – When placing a pre-match bet on English Premier League or Champions League soccer, you will receive a refund in the event of your bet losing because of a VAR decision. Must be claimed within 24 hours of matches finishing.
- Soccer Boost – On soccer multiples, receive a 5% boost if one leg on your 10+ bet is scratched. Meanwhile, receive a 10% boost if one leg of your 15+ multiple is scratched. Soccer betting is very popular in ZA today.
- Duck Off – Available on any Proteas cricket match, receive a refund of up to R2,000 if your pick for the top batsmen scores a duck.
- Objection Refund – Punters will also be handed a refund if their pick wins a horse race, only to be disqualified or demoted following a review.
- NASCAR Money Back – Refunds are also available when a punters’ NASCAR pick finishes second. Applies to straight win markets only. This is also available on MotoGP and Formula 1 races.
- 100% Euro Soccer Bonus – Place a pre-match multiple, featuring 10+ picks, and receive a 100% boost when successful. Available on the EPL, Serie A, Primera Liga, Bundesliga, Champions League and Ligue 1.
- NBA Match Handicap Mania – Basketball fans can claim a refund of up to R5,000 if just one leg of their 4+ NBA multiple bet lets them down.
- Premier League Double Up – Get double the odds if your Premier League first goalscorer wager wins in the first half. The maximum payout is R2,000 and applies to pre-match bets only.
World Sports Betting Review Expert Analysis
In order to provide potential customers with a more in-depth look at what the bookmaker has to offer, we have broken down our review into the following areas:
25+ different sports are available to bet on in total. Ranging from soccer, tennis and horse racing to Esports, water polo and MMA, there is no shortage of options for punters. The sportsbook also includes chess, music, entertainment and political markets. All sports are conveniently listed down the left-hand side of the page at all times. Pre-match, live and future markets are available in all.
How Are the Odds?
Odds can be viewed in either a decimal or fractional format. Prices are competitive across the board, with particular value coming from less high profile sporting events. Live odds are updated constantly too. However, punters should not expect appealing prices when betting on the best soccer teams or tennis players consistently.
Bets start at as little as R1.00 on mobile and R5.00 on desktop. Meanwhile, bet limits range between markets. Sports bets featuring 1-9 legs come with a limit of R5,000,000. This increases to R10,000,000 for bets with 10-19 legs and R15,000,000 for 20+ legs. Horse racing markets come with their own individual limits. The limit on win bets is R5,000,000, the same as a place bet.
Live streaming is available on a handful of sports. Available on desktop and mobile, streams make the betting experience all the more exciting. The ability to follow your picks is enjoyable. This feature is also useful for those placing in-play bets. Streams are delivered in HD in most cases. A qualifying bet may be required, however a funded sportsbook account will generally suffice.
For those placing multiple bets, this bookmaker is a standout option. The sportsbook comes with a large number of promotions specific to accas. As a result, winning bets may well be boosted, while you could receive a refund on losing bets.
At present, no cash out feature is available. This comes as both a surprise and a disappointment. Cashing out bets has become something in which online punters have become accustomed to. However, the bookie may introduce it in the future if there is sufficient demand.
The absence of cash out is made up for in part by 24/7 support. We found their live chat feature to be very efficient. This is accompanied by both email and telephone options. The bookie is also active on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
How to Get Started at World Sports Betting
Before you are in a position to place any bets, a number of steps must be taken. We have put together the following step by step guide for potential and new customers:
Step 1: Visit the Sportsbook
Visit the World Sports Betting website via desktop or mobile. Enter worldsportsbetting.co.za into your browser. Upon entering the site, you will be greeted by all on ongoing in-play markets, additional features and menus.
Step 2: Sign Up
Click or tap on the “SIGN UP NOW” button. This is located at the top of the page. Complete the relevant registration form. This includes your full name, email address and date of birth. New customers must also create a username and password at this stage. Punters can also select their preferences at this point. Read and agree to the terms and conditions and select the “Open an Account” button.
Step 3: Deposit Funds
Complete the World Sports Betting login process. Once logged in, enter the cashier page and select the “Deposit” option. From the available options, select your preferred payment method. Enter the amount you wish to deposit. Keep in mind the welcome bonus available at this point. Deposits are processed instantly. So, if funds do not appear immediately, get in touch with the bookmaker or your payment provider.
Step 4: Place Bets
Browse available sportsbook markets, focusing on sports you have a good understanding of. Add picks to your bet slip and view available bet types. Take into account the potential winnings and the likelihood of being successful. Confirm your bet by clicking or tapping on the “BOOK A BET” button.
Step 5: Withdraw Winnings
In the event of placing a winning bet, you must decide whether to reinvest or withdraw. If you wish to take home earnings, enter the cashier page once again. Select the “WITHDRAW” option. It is recommended to use the same method you utilised when depositing. This will ensure that payouts are processed as quickly as possible.
World Sports Betting Mobile Betting App Overview
Unlike some other bookmakers, there is no dedicated betting app available to punters here. Many iOS and Android betting apps are available today, however punters at World Sports Betting must access the sportsbook via their mobile browser. The mobile World Sports Betting site comes with a similar design and layout.
As a result, transitioning from desktop to mobile is simple. While the speed of the site is not at the same level as betting apps, bets can still be placed in a matter of seconds. It remains to be seen as to whether a betting app will be developed and introduced in the future. However, this is an area of this review which will come as a disappointment to some potential customers.
World Sports Betting Payment Methods
A good number of payment methods are available to betting customers here. Credit and debit card options are accompanied by e-wallets, World Sports Betting vouchers and bank transfers. Deposits and withdrawals start at just R50, with the latter generally taking 2 days to process. Meanwhile, punters can also add to their online account balance at their local high street betting shop. The table below provides a clear breakdown of available payment methods. All are available on World Sports Betting mobile and desktop.
World Sports Betting Pros and Cons
As always, our extensive review has uncovered both the benefits and limitations of this bookmaker. So, before signing up, weigh up the following pros and cons:
- Bonuses – A large deposit bonus awaits new sportsbook customers. On top of this, a large number of ongoing promotions are found. In fact, the list of ongoing promotions is larger than some of the bookmaker’s rivals put together. While T&Cs apply, there are generally no strict wagering requirements.
- Live Streaming – Unlike other South African betting sites, live streaming is available to customers here. Sporting events from across the globe are covered. Soccer, tennis, rugby and Esports are among the daily streams available. Streams can be accessed on both desktop and mobile.
- Customer Service – 24/7 support is available too. During testing, agents were available via live chat in a matter of seconds. Meanwhile, both telephone and email support is available. This is certainly an area in which the operator scores highly.
- No Mobile App – Unlike many modern bookmakers, World Sports Betting has not taken the step of making a mobile app available to download. Given that live streaming and other features are available, this is a surprise.
- Potential Fees – When playing through your bonus, fees will be incurred if you withdraw without meeting the wagering requirements.
World Sports Betting Lotto
The bookie offers an alternative to sports betting. World Sports Betting Lotto offers regular draws on both a domestic and international basis. Players can pick their preferred numbers on SA Lotto, SA Power Ball and SA Lotto Plus, among other games. Over 500 lotto draws take place each month. Results are posted directly on the World of Sports Betting site, making it easy to see if you are a winner. The lottery has long been a popular game for many, with the ease and excitement making this another appealing feature of the bookmaker.
World Sports Betting Review Final Thoughts
Having carried out extensive research and testing, we can say that not only is World Sports Betting completely safe, it is also a hugely appealing bookmaker. With excellent sports coverage, a host of additional features and 24/7 customer support, it should come as no surprise that the brand is one of the leading names in South African betting. With generous promotions awaiting both new and existing customers too, be sure to take a closer look at the sportsbook for yourself.
World Sports Betting Review FAQs
Is World Sports Betting safe?
Absolutely! Licensed and regulated by respected authorities, the bookmaker also has a host of security measures in place. As a result, punters should have no concerns in this area.
Is there a World Sports Betting app?
No. There is currently no betting app available to download. However, bets can still be placed on smartphones and tablets using your preferred internet browser. All of the same markets and features are available here too.
How can I find World Sports Betting Lotto results?
Lotto results are easily accessible. Simply click or tap on the “Lotto Results” button, available on both desktop and mobile. Then look on the left-hand side of the page to locate the relevant draw.
Is live streaming available?
Yes. Customers can watch sporting events from around the world. Soccer, tennis, Esports and rugby are among the sports that regularly feature here. A qualifying stake or funded sportsbook account are needed to gain access to streams.
How long do withdrawals take to complete?
Payouts will take between 1-3 days to complete. The exact time frame depends on the method of payment selected. E-wallets Skrill and Neteller are generally the quickest.