Before you begin making firecrackers, remember to decarboxylate your marijuana if it’s raw – this will take around 20 minutes. Keep your oven on and set the temperature to 325 degrees. Smear one side of the crackers with your chose spread, Then, Sprinkle the activated weed evenly on half of the crackers. Place each cracker that doesn’t have weed on top of the ones that have the herb to create a sandwich and wrap them in foil. Place the crackers on the rack in the middle of the oven and leave them to back for 25 minutes. Wait for them to cool, unwrap and enjoy!
Cannabis edibles are quite popular among youngsters these days; however, if you are getting started with cannabis edibles, you might not want to go for something difficult like cannabis cookies or brownies directly. Making the batter for these recipes can be challenging for novice bakers, and you may end up burning, or under-cooking a batch, ruining the dessert, and the cannabis buds. Therefore, before you move on to more advanced recipes, or aren’t in the mood to bake, try out these fantastic, cannabis and peanut butter firecrackers.
The above can be off-putting, but thankfully, the firecracker is here to save the day! All you need to create fantastic edibles is an oven, weed, peanut butter (or another spread of your choice), foil, and a box of crackers. The entire process takes just 30 minutes, and you’ll be able to sit on your backside for most of that time! Here is how you make weed firecrackers the right way!
Choose Your Strain & Get Your Firecracker Ingredients Together
The first thing to consider is the marijuana strain you want to choose. For example, Harlequin offers a nice and even CBD to THC ratio which is ideal for medical use. If you are looking to get baked, Super Lemon Haze is an excellent option due to its high THC content. If your goal is relaxation, ACDC is a solid choice as it has far more CBD than THC.
The amount of weed you use depends on your tolerance. Typically, you could have anywhere from 0.1 grams to 2 grams per firecracker. If you have a high tolerance, for example, and are making 12 crackers, you will need 24 grams of weed – almost an ounce.
The next step is to pick your favorite cracker. Lots of users prefer graham crackers but once again, it is a matter of preference, but the spread you choose makes a BIG difference. Regardless of what you choose, make sure the crackers are large, flat, and thin.
If you decide to use peanut butter or Nutella, it is best to pick a cracker with a low sugar content, unless of course, you have a massive sweet tooth! For a sugary taste sensation, use Nutella AND peanut butter! In general, the spread should contain a high monounsaturated fat content. Your next piece of required equipment is aluminum foil. Make sure you have a large piece for each individual cracker.
Before you begin, make sure you decarboxylate your marijuana. It is best if you finely grind it first before putting in the oven. The decarbing process converts inactive cannabinoids into active ones. For example, the THCA and CBDA in the weed will be converted into the effective THC and CBD we all know and love. Place your cannabis in the preheated oven at around 250 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it for 20 minutes.
Usually, the weed needs to be in the oven longer to fully decarb but remember, it will be in the oven again on the crackers so it will be fully activated when you have finished baking your edibles. You don’t need to decarb the weed if it has already been vaped or smoked in a joint. Grind the baked cannabis once again until it is ground into fine particles.
Start Baking Your Firecrackers!
Keep your oven on but increase the temperature to 325 degrees. Smear one side of the crackers with your chosen spread. One of the reasons why peanut butter is a good option is because its high fat content absorbs the THC from the cannabis. Spread your Nutella or peanut butter thickly on the cracker, but avoid spreading it to the edges as you don’t want your precious weed falling off while in the oven.
Sprinkle the activated weed evenly on half of the crackers. It is best to use a knife or spoon for this purpose. Place each cracker that doesn’t have weed on top of the ones that have the herb to create a sandwich. Gently press them together and wrap them in foil. You need to ensure the crackers are well sealed but avoid wrapping them so tightly that you cause them to crack.
Put the wrapped crackers directly on a rack in the middle of the oven. Allow them to bake for 25 minutes. We know you are eager to get stuck into your firecrackers, but you need to wait a few minutes and allow them to cool. Unwrap one of the firecrackers when they have cooled and enjoy! Remember, these are single dose edibles, so there is no need to be greedy and eat two or three. They are so delicious, however, that this is easier said than done!
This might be the easiest edible to slap together if you have a bit of canna-butter to spare.
The Weed Firecracker #2
- 1 spoonful of ABV (canna-oil or canna-butter)
- 1 cracker
- A few tablespoons of Nutella
- Split a cracker into two equal pieces. Coat them into a healthy amount of Nutella.
- Scatter ABV on top of the Nutella.
- Put the two pieces together so that the filling is inside the cracker.
The Weed Firecracker #3
- Decarboxylated cannabis (½ gram per cracker)
- Graham crackers/ Ritz crackers
- Hazelnut spread or peanut butter
Preheat oven to 320 F. Gently mix two teaspoons of hazelnut spread with the decarboxylated cannabis in a small bowl. Spread on two crackers. Top each with another cracker to created a sandwich. Wrap in tin foil and place in oven for 17 minutes. Remove from tin foil, add marshmallow in between the cracker sandwich, and place in oven for 2-3 minutes.
The Weed Firecracker #4
If you aren’t much of a home cook or a baker, then firecrackers are an excellent edible for you to try. Check out how to make weed firecrackers.
- Cannabis bud of your choice (0.5-1 gram per cracker)
- Graham crackers
- Peanut butter (2 tbsp per cracker)
- Step 1: Collecting the ingredients
- Step 2: Decarboxylating your cannabis bud
- Step 3: Lining the graham crackers with peanut butter
- Step 4: Bring in the weed
- Step 5: Return to the oven
The Weed Firecracker #5
- 0.5 g of your favorite cannabis (adjust to body weight and experience)
- 2 graham crackers (or saltines, or bread, or really anything that can be baked)
- 1 heaping tablespoon of peanut butter or other fatty spread
Steps When Making a Weed Firecracker
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Grind cannabis thoroughly. Spread it out on the piece of aluminum foil. Place it in the oven. Set timer for 10 minutes.
- Spread the peanut butter on each cracker, nice and thick.
- Once 10 minutes is up, remove the cannabis from the oven and set the temperature to 285°F.
- Sprinkle the decarbed flower onto the crackers. Smush the crackers together to make a sandwich and rub them around in a circular motion between your fingers to mix the flower thoroughly into the peanut butter. Completely wrap the “sandwich” in foil.
- Once the oven is up to temperature, place the wrapped “sandwich” back into the oven for 15 minutes.
- When the time is up, take your firecracker out of the oven and enjoy. You will get flower particles in your teeth. Find a friend or a mirror to help.
As you can plainly see, firecrackers are extremely easy to make. The entire preparation process only takes a few minutes. Despite their simplicity, they are very versatile because you get to choose the marijuana strain, the spread, and the type of cracker. Moreover, you also have full control over their potency.
Firecrackers are an excellent method either getting stoned or using an alternative type of medicine, without exposing your lungs to combusted weed. You can also make THC-free firecrackers for kids if your goal is to provide them with a high dose of CBD to treat a medical problem. Just remember, it takes a while for the effects to kick in, so be patient!