Now you can take your backyard grill-outs and park picnics to a higher level by adding a bit of extra love to your plain old grilled burgers. Because cannabis is being used on a much more widespread basis for medicinal purposes there are many who prefer to ingest their product rather than smoke or vaporize it. This is one of the hundreds of creative ways to do just that! So, if you are sitting around the house wondering what you are going to do with that ground beef (or turkey, whatever you prefer) and you happen to have some extra killer buds to get creative with you can enjoy delicious Cannaburgers in no time at all. Below is a simple recipe that is really tasty and gives you a delicious administrative alternative to smoking.
What better way to chill out in the summer sun than with a cannabis-infused burger? For those looking to tantalise their taste buds, we have put together an easy to follow recipe.
Cannabis-infused burgers are among the easiest and best-tasting dishes you can prepare when it comes to cooking with cannabis. Research has shown that eating too much meat is not healthy, so it is a good idea to focus on using less, but high-quality meat. If you would prefer to leave meat out of the equation, this recipe can be adapted to a vegan diet utilizing soy derivatives.
Choosing your ingredients
Burgers are among the easiest recipes you can make, making this a great entry level for those wanting to experiment with cannabis in the kitchen. Ground meat is the basis for any burger, and it is recommended you take the time to good meat – from a local organic farmer, or originating from a country with strict animal and farming regulations. For a juicy cannabis-infused burger, the meat chosen should be fairly fatty.
When it comes to the cannabis you are going to use, you want to use some dried bud. The strain you choose will determine the type of effect and potency, so choose something you consider to be a favourite. Personally, we like to use ICE for ultimate relaxation. Anyway, half a gram is usually enough for a couple of big burgers, but can be adjusted to suit your experience.
- 2/3 to one pound of ground beef or turkey
- Approximately 7 to 1 gram of weed, cleaned and ground into a powder (if it is good and dry it is much easier)
- Salt & Pepper (or any preferred seasonings to add flavor)
Making your burgers is straight forward, simply follow these instructions. You will use your hands for this, and it will work better if they are wet and clean.
1. Decarboxylate your cannabis in the oven, then finely grind it, removing small branches. We want flowers to become as fine a powder as possible. A coffee grinder can be great for this.
2. In a bowl, mix together the meat, sliced onion, cannabis, egg, and seasoning. Mix everything together by hand until an even consistency is reached.
3. Take your mix and flatten it on a clean surface to a uniform thickness. A little flour on the surface helps to prevent the meat to sticking on it. You want to create thick round patties ready to fry.
4. Carefully pick up the burger patties using a flipper or spatula, and put them on a plate in the fridge for a couple of hours.
5. Next, comes cooking. Burgers can be cooked in a pan or grilled on a barbecue.
5a. You can cook them in a pan with a little olive oil. Heat the pan to a high temperature. Place the burgers in and after one minute, flip them. This will seal the meat, keeping the juices in. You can add more salt and herbs at this point. Lower the heat to a medium temperature and continue to cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the quality of your meat and how rare you want the centre to be – flipping the burgers occasionally. If you want cheese, be sure to add it on a couple of minutes before you finish cooking to let it melt a bit.
5b. On a barbecue, make sure your grill is nice and hot. You should be able to keep hold your hand above the grill for a couple of seconds before it becomes painful. Slap the burgers onto the grill and flip them after 1 minute to seal the meat. Continue to cook for 5-10 minutes depending on the quality of your meat and how rare you want them – flipping occasionally. If you like cheese on your burger, add a few minutes before you take it off the grill.
If you are a meat lover and want to get technical, a meat thermometer will greatly help track your burgers cooking progress. By sticking its tips into the centre of your piece of meat, you will be able to know the internal cooking temperature. At 60°C your cannabis-infused burger will be rare, at 70°C it will be medium, and at 80°C, it will well done. Over 80 degrees the burger is burned.
All that is left to do is sort out the burger buns and garnishes, which you can do to your own taste. That is all there is to it! If you like a little beer with your cannabis (some hate it), then you will find it the perfect accompaniment to your burger. Remember, cannabis edibles can take anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours to kick in, so be patient! Enjoy!
Since making a hamburger is a pretty basic task you really don’t have to deviate much from the traditional methods of making one. Making sure you get your weed evenly dispersed throughout the meat is the most important part, and after much trial and error an effective method has been achieved.
- First, take your meat and flatten it into a large circle on a clean counter-top or cutting surface. Flatten it out evenly making sure the thickness of the meat is fairly consistent.
- Now take your powdered pot and sprinkle it over the surface of the meat; you want the weed to cover the top of the meat entirely.
- Now fold the meat over, completely enclosing the pot inside. At this point you will begin to need and work the meat to make sure the weed is evenly distributed throughout.
- Next you want to make your patty or patties. Shape and form them into just what you want size and shape wise or just make one great big one to satisfy that monstrous appetite.
- Season the patty or patties using salt, pepper, garlic (fresh or powdered), and any others you like. Feel free to experiment, and keep in mind that the weed will add seasoning as well.
- Grill or fry for 5 or 6 minutes per side (or to preferred temperature)
- Eat it on a bun or bun-free with your favorite garnishments; you are simply going to love cannaburgers!
For anyone who uses weed medicinally or for any other reason but simply doesn’t like to smoke it you can use cannabis to create all kinds of enhanced concoctions, seasonings, and recipes with will allow you to ingest it and reap the benefits without the harmful effects of smoking. Get outside, get that grill fired up, and makes some incredible Cannaburgers today!