It’s the worst when you’re sitting with a group of pals, ready to pass around the ceremonial herb, and no one knows how to roll.
Start practicing right now by following these 5 simple steps and become a professional joint roller that will have your friends complimenting your abilities. You may bet that you’ll be invited to more parties as a result of these new talents.
- It’s time to break it up nicely.
- Fold the paper filter in half firmly.
- Make a template from the hemp paper or rice paper and carefully line it out.
- Keep the paper or glass filter tip steady while pressing it down on the bottle’s mouth.
- Twist and seal the paper in a spiral pattern from top to bottom.
WHY LEARN TO TWIST ONE UP?
It’s critical to learn how to roll a joint because if you’re uninformed, you might be stuck using bad methods to consume your herbs. Most smokers keep a pack of rolling papers or hemp wraps on hand, but if you don’t know what to do with them, they’re pointless.
Before you begin rolling, make sure you’ve got the greatest rolling papers. The choices are truly infinite! Just kidding. Choose unbleached rice or hemp-based rolling papers to keep things natural and pure.
Some papers are simple to roll, while others are more difficult, so practice with a few different brands before giving up on your rolling education. Personally, I like RAW Brands. For anyone reading this post, I put together this tiny RAW rolling bundle as a present and an opportunity to learn and practice.
You might move on to bigger rolling papers like kingsize and hemp wraps after you’ve mastered the craft. For now, let’s get down to business and show you how to make the finest joint possible.
Step 1: Grind it up.
If you want to learn how to roll, the first step is to break down the herbs. It’s crucial to stick with it. Make sure everything is broken down to roughly the same size and that you’re using a grinder; pulverizing it is completely acceptable.
The nicest thing about utilizing a grinder is that it will give you with a consistent shape. It’s not an option if you don’t have access to a grinder. Time to get your fingers all messy and roll them into fists. The first grinders were designed using hands, so returning to your roots isn’t always necessary. Going back to the basics in some way, shape, or form delivers an entirely different level of pleasure.
Step 2: Get that filter tip tight.
The paper filter tip is a fantastic smoker hack. Whoever came up with the notion of putting a cardboard filter at the end of a joint was an absolute genius. No more disgusting, soggy rolling paper, no more particles in your mouth, and no more resin on your lips or fingertips.
The paper rolling tip is easy:
- Take any piece of cardboard
- Rip off a RECTANGLE piece that’s about the size of your big toe (really).
- Fold it over 3 times and then roll it.
- It should look like the letter “W” in a circle.
This is a wonderful machine that has been rolled one time. Your filter tip won’t look anything like this, but you get the picture. It just needs to function as an air filter.
Glass filtration tips are the next level and aren’t for everyone, but mastering the glass tip roll takes your smoking experience to a new level. It’s time to put everything out now that your tip is ready.
Step 3: Spread evenly on the rolling paper.
We’ll focus on the simplest, most basic technique to roll a joint since you’re a novice joint roller, which is the traditional tobacco-stick appearance rather than a cone-shaped one. Here are some brief steps for getting ready to roll a joint:
- Remove one of the rolls of paper from the package.
- On one side of the paper, you’ll find a thin (vegan) glue strip. It should be kept facing upward.
- If you are left-handed, affix the filter tip to the right side of the paper.
- Place the paper filter tip on the left side of the paper if you are right-handed.
- Place a small amount of your herbs on the remaining portion of the rolling paper.
- Pick up the joint in your opposite dominant hand, holding the filter tip and rolling paper between your forefinger and thumb.
You’ll certainly lose a bit of herbs trying to balance the paper in your hands.
Hopefully it lands on your rolling tray, but don’t worry about it either way. This is one of those “practice makes perfect” situations, and some spills are unavoidable.
Keep some rolling paper on your rolling tray to stuff down the top of the joint later. More about that below, but now it’s time to tuck and roll.
Step 4: Start Tucking and Rolling Slowly
Everything is set up and it’s time to get down to business. The hard part begins now, when most people abandon their projects. Herbs are flying all over the place. The filter tip comes out. The herbs have vanished from the paper entirely. You can think of anything that goes wrong during this step
Don’t give up hope! As we previously said, it takes time to master this skill.
Here’s how to minimize the frustration:
- Fold the bottom of the rolling paper over towards the top of the paper.
- Place the flap of butter paper down on a work surface. With your palms together, “roll” the bottom down slowly while gently moving the paper between them.
- Feel the herbs compressing and tightening.
- Repeat these processes until the paper appears to be tucked into the bottom and then rolled up to the top.
Complicated, I know. It should look a little like this:
- The face of the bearded model is rolling and pushing down at the same time.
- Don’t roll it all the way up since it’s time to finish the process.
Step 5: Lick it, then Stick it.
There’s that little vegan glue strip at the top where you stopped rolling. All the way from one side to the other, give it a little lick all the way down to the tip. Make things easy on yourself and don’t overdo it with saliva.
Give the paper one last spin and seal it shut. If there is still some space at the end of the connection, take some of the remaining herbs and stuff them down the top using your RAW lighter’s poker or pen cap.
Admire your work and light your masterpiece.
Hey, don’t get me wrong. Your new place isn’t the most attractive thing you’ve ever seen, but it’s yours. You completed it. You are your own hero as long as the joint smokes. Although practice makes perfect when it comes to joint rolling, there are alternatives!
The clever creators of the rolling paper industry also recognized that most individuals will never roll a joint. This is also why I previously stated that we created the RAW rolling package, which includes cones. It has cones in it, so you don’t have to worry about making them yourself.
Here is what’s inside my custom bundle:
- 1 Metal Rolling Tray
- RAW Hemp Wick
- RAW Clipper Lighter
- 1 Smell Proof Storage Tube
- 1 Pack RAW Paper Tip
- 1 Pack of RAW King Size Slim Papers
- 1 Pack of RAW Classic Cones with Paper Tips
- 1 Large Plastic Grinder
Occasionally, we must substitute certain items due to availability; but you understand that, right? Snag a rolling bundle while they’re on the cheap and share your greatest and worst attempts to roll a joint with us. If we can’t stop laughing, we’ll send you something nice as a thank-you.