For those of you who have visited a coffee shop in Amsterdam or a dispensary in the US or Canada, you would be more than aware of the huge amount of different products that these places sell. One thing they all have in common? Chocolate with weed. That is because it’s a combination that has been used for many years. There are many reasons for this, but the main ones are:
- Cannabis and chocolate go really well together, and therefore marijuana chocolate bars actually taste great.
- You can melt chocolate very easily, and then mix your cannabis or hash into it, and then let it set again. This saves you having to cook an entirely different product using something like cannabutter or hash butter.
Benefits of cannabis chocolate
We all know the benefits of chocolate. It’s loaded with nutrients that can positively affect your health. Chocolate is made from the seed of cocoa tree, and is one of the best antioxidants known to men; it can benefit your overall well being.
Then we have cannabis. It contains two (out of many) important chemicals, CBD and THC. CBD has an impact on one’s brain, making it function better without making you high. THC, on the other hand has pain relieving and psychoactive properties.
Combining both together boosts the properties of both. Chocolate masks the taste of the cannabis without affecting its benefits, and if you’re consuming your prescribed marijuana as such, eating chocolate is way more healthier than smoking it.
Cannabis edibles: What’s the point of making edible weed chocolate bars?
Well, the best thing about edibles is that the high is not only stronger, it also lasts a lot longer. This is important for a number of things, for recreational use it means that your weed becomes more cost-efficient because you’re using less weed to become higher (per dosage). For medicinal use, it means that the dosage is strong enough to effectively treat any symptoms which are hard-to-treat. It can require high doses to fight something like treatment-resistant depression, severe pain, and other hard-to-treat symptoms or illnesses. It’s important to mention here that cannabis isn’t a “treat all” medicine. Some people will find that eating a large dosage of cannabis chocolate will actually have their symptoms become worse, and therefore it’s necessary to try a smaller dosage first.
Another huge advantage of eating cannabis chocolate, or eating cannabis in general, is that it’s far healthier than smoking it. When you burn cannabis (heat is necessary for decarboxylation) and then inhale the smoke, you’re inhaling a lot of dangerous chemicals. When you eat cannabis, the only unhealthy part is the chocolate itself. You can either make these cannabis chocolate bars yourself, or you can go to a dispensary where they should have cannabis chocolate bars for sale.
How to make weed chocolate bars:
If you’re making chocolate with THC at home, you will need:
- Thing first thing you need when making cannabis chocolate is Chocolate, any kind, milk, dark, or white. All it requires is cocoa butter, which is in almost all chocolate. 3 bars
- Cannabis, let’s start off small and say 2 grams.
- A grinder
- Mixing bowl
The method for making THC infused chocolate:
- Step one is to decarboxylate your cannabis. To do this, firstly grind your cannabis up, then place it on an oven-proof dish. Stick it in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for at least one hour, and then remove it.
- Around 45 minutes into your decarboxylation, you can start to melt your chocolate. The best way to do this is to place your chocolate in a separate heat-proof dish on top of boiling water. You can also microwave it.
- Place all of the decarboxylated cannabis into the melted chocolate, and start to stir.
- Once it looks as if it’s all melted together, you can remove the chocolate, and place it into a mold.
- Remove any air bubbles inside your cannabis chocolate and then leave it to set in the fridge
If you do not decarb your weed, you will not be unlocking the full potential of the cannabinoids inside cannabis. To make the strongest weed edibles you must first decarb your weed. Any good weed chocolate recipe is not complete without decarbing.
Weed chocolate # 1
What You Need
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 8 ounces clarified butter, melted butter, oil, or fat
- 1⁄2 ounce decarboxylated cannabis material
- Medium saucepan
- Wooden spoon
- Cheesecloth and/or metal strainer
Step 1: Your first step is to make cannabutter. This will take about 4.5 hours, but don’t let the lengthy cooking time intimidate you. The vast majority of this 4.5 hours is waiting as the butter simmers. Start by adding 1/2 cup of water and 8 ounces of butter to a medium saucepan. Put the saucepan on very low heat.
Step 2: Once the butter is completely melted, add your 1/2 ounce of decarboxylated cannabis material. Mix everything together thoroughly with a wooden spoon. Then, cover the pot with a lid.
Step 3: Allow this mixture to gently simmer for the next four hours. Set a timer for every 30 minutes so you can quickly stir your mixture and prevent it from burning or sticking to the bottom of the pot. Use your thermometer to make sure the mixture never gets hotter than 180°F. (If you don’t have a thermometer, just make sure the mixture is simmering on the lowest heat possible).
Step 4: After four hours, it’s time to strain your mixture to separate the butter from the cannabis. You can do this by pouring the mixture through a fine strainer into a bowl. You can also fasten cheesecloth over the top of a bowl using a rubber-band, and pour the mixture through the cheesecloth. (If you use cheesecloth, remember to wring it out after to get every last bit of butter out of the material).
Step 5: Now it’s time to melt your chocolate. The best way to melt your chocolate without burning it is by creating a double-boiler. To do this, put about an inch of water in a saucepan. Then, fit a bowl snugly in the saucepan of boiling water so that the steam heats the bottom of the bowl. Put the chocolate in this bowl so that the heat of the boiling water in the pot melts the chocolate in the bowl. Allow the chocolate to completely melt.
Step 6: Now, all you need to do is combine the melted chocolate with your cannabutter. You will want to combine approximately 1/4 cup of cannabutter for every 4 cups of chocolate. Mix them thoroughly.
Step 7: Pour your chocolate/cannabutter mixture into a chocolate mold. If you don’t have a chocolate mold, use an ice cube tray. Put this in the fridge, and allow the mixture to harden. Once it’s hardened, you can eat it!
Weed chocolate # 2
- 1/4 cup Cannabis butter
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp Powder sugar
- In a double boiler melt the cannabis butter.
- Once the cannabis butter has melted, sieve in the cocoa butter & powder sugar
- Stir on low heat until the ingredients have completely mixed together. Mix thoroughly until there is a good consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a chocolate bar mould. Place the mould in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Carefully remove the chocolate bar from the mould and enjoy!
How to make CBD cannabis chocolate edibles:
CBD chocolate follows basically the same process as making THC chocolate, but you’d be using CBD buds instead. There is another method, which is to pour CBD oil into your melted chocolate mix. Canna oil chocolate bars are one of the easiest cannabis chocolate recipes you can make. You can also do both of these things at the same time, to make yourself some stronger CBD chocolate bars. Just make sure you decarboxylate your weed if you’re using CBD buds because CBD also requires decarboxylation, not only THC.
CBD medical cannabis chocolate is great for treating a number of different symptoms. The most common symptoms that people treat successfully with CBD are:
- Sleep problems
CBD is great for these symptoms if it’s in a large enough quality. But unlike smoking, eating an edible can take a couple of hours to kick in. Therefore, it’s sometimes not the best option if you have anxiety or stress, because it takes too long to actually help you with your symptoms. If you want instant pain relief, check out this article about the best CBD strains for pain.
Whether you’re making THC chocolate bars or CBD chocolate bars, this article has got you covered. Chocolate and marijuana taste great together, just try it for yourself. Just remember the two golden rules of cannabis edible creation: decarboxylate, and mix with a fat or an oil. Chocolate contains fat, so you only have to worry about decarboxylation. If you really can’t be bothered to make your own, even though it’s so easy, you can find marijuana candy bars for sale in most Canadian and US dispensaries. THC chocolate is still illegal in some countries, and is definitely not legal in every state, however! But you can legally buy CBD buds in most places these days, so if you’re looking for a tasty, legal way to treat some symptoms, you should definitely look at CBD as an alternative.