If you’re interested in making weed cookies, you’ve come to the right place! This is an old-school chocolate chip cookie recipe infused with cannabis. If you’re just skimming this article make sure to read the dosage guide.
For this recipe,we recommend any type of creamy or crunchy peanut butter you prefer for chunks or no chunks. In most cases to favor all-natural peanut butter, you know the kind that usually has a thick layer of oil on top and is made from just peanuts and salt. Here some guide help you to make cannabutter or cannaoil for your Infused cookies and biscuits.
Chilling the dough before baking helps keep the cookies from spreading out too much, although if you are impatient, you can skip this step, but expect thinner cookies.
Several Different Methods of Infusion
There are many different ways to infuse cannabis biscuits. You can use cannamilk or cannaoil, for example, or you could also mix in decarbed ground herb into the dry ingredients as well. Whisking all the ingredients thoroughly ensures consistent dosing throughout the entire biscuit.
Cannabis Yogurt Whey
If you made cannabis yogurt, there’s a good chance you’ve saved the whey. The leftover whey from this process can be used for different purposes. Terpenes and flavonoids in the unused weed milk create a bold taste that is similar to sourdough bread.
If cannamilk is not available, try this easy recipe. Make “decarboxylated cannabis” by adding small pieces to milk in a double boiler and heat until boiling for at least 30 minutes while stirring often. Then strain the mixed product and allow it to cool before refrigerating it for storage.
Cannabis Infused Oil
Be careful to maintain oil at a low heat when using cannabis for infusion. Otherwise, the pot and oil could scorch which will degrade the cannabinoid content of your final product. Keeping water out of any part of the process is also important because it can lead to an inferior taste and texture that won’t transport well.
Edibles and Potency
With edibles, you sometimes don’t know what to expect. Of course, you can always regulate the dosing, but there is another reason why edibles are more potent than simply smoking cannabis. When you consume an edible, it passed through the liver where the enzymes hydroxylate Δ9-THC to form 11-hydroxy tetrahydrocannabinol (11-OH-THC). The resultant is a psychoactive metabolite that easily passes through the blood-brain barrier and hence, leads to a more potent effect.
Edibles and Effect
When you’re smoking or vaping edibles, you take two or three hits and relax back to let the effect take you over. This is not how edibles work. Because the cannabis has to pass through the digestive system, break down in the liver, and then work its way into the endocannabinoid system, it takes almost 30 minutes or so to show the effects. You also get a more prolonged effect, lasting roughly 6-12 hours so make sure you don’t have anywhere to go.
Edibles & Final Result
When making cookies or brownies, or even cannabutter, it is a little difficult to judge the potency of the edible. You can get the exact weight and measurements when you buy from a brand, but it is difficult to know exactly how much you’re consuming when you make them at home. The rule is to start small and then increase gradually.
Infused cookies recipes
Friendly Cannabis Peanut Butter Cookies
For quick, hot medicated cookies anytime, freeze unbaked items on a wax paper lined sheet. Once frozen, remove individual items and place then in an airtight freezer bag until you’re ready to bake them again.
- 130 g butter (Either cannabutter or normal butter)
- 250 g of all-purpose-flour
- 120 g sugar
- Two large eggs
- A tiny amount of salt
- 4.5-5 g Marijuana (Not needed if you’re using cannabutter)
- Chocolate chips/nuts/ any other addition you may like
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Step 2: Take a saucepan and add the 130g butter, allowing it to melt on low heat. Add the shredded cannabis (use your herb grinder to shred it finely). The heat will decarboxylate the raw cannabis, and activate its THC and CBD compound. The low temperature will ensure the butter is not burning and will allow the cannabis to infuse into it.
Step 3: After the butter is completely melted and the cannabis has been infused for some time, it is time to strain the butter. Use the strainer, or cheesecloth, to strain it into the bowl.
Step 4: Add your sugar and eggs into the butter, and whisk it. You can use a hand mixer, or even a wooden spoon to do the deed. While you’re whisking, add the flour gradually and carefully to avoid any lumps. Add a pinch of salt, and give it one final stir. You can also add the salt later when the cookies are done.
Step 5: You can add chocolate chips, sprinkles, anything you want your cookies to have. This is entirely up to you. Go ahead and improvise the recipe.
Step 6: You have you gorgeous looking dough, but it needs to rest. You can place it in the oven or your microwave for 10 minutes.
Step 7: Take out the tray from the oven, and start making round balls with the dough. You can also press the ball flat and use moulds to make it more interesting. I prefer my cookies to be round. Place the ball on the parchment paper that is spread on the baking tray.
Step 8: Place the baking tray in the preheated oven for 10 minutes, or until the edges are brown.
Weed Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 2 Cups Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup Cannabis Butter
- 1 Cup White Sugar
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 Teaspoons Hot Water
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream cannabis butter, and sugars together in a bowl; beat in eggs. Stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water then add to mixture.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour and salt; stir into butter mixture. Finally add the chocolate chips.
- Get a baking tray & cover it in parchment paper. Place cookies with large spoonfuls of dough on the tray, evenly spaced apart. There should be about 24.
- Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned..
CBD Infused Cookies
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 mL (or 200mg) Medterra CBD oil 3000mg – can adjust dosage to your desire
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 ¼ cups GF all-purpose flour
- 9 oz chocolate chips
- If you cook at a temperature higher than 350 degrees, some of the CBD will likely evaporate.
- In a large bowl, combine the CBD oil to softened butter.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to the bowl. Mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract to a bowl, and whisk together.
- Add baking soda and salt to the bowl, then mix well.
- Gradually add flour to the bowl and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Put the bowl of raw cookie dough in the refrigerator for an hour or so if possible. To avoid thinner cookies, it is best to chill the dough before baking.
- Roll the cookie dough into balls and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet with about 40 per side.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 10 minutes.