Making a sponge cake is one of the easiest things in the world, and also the funniest, if we add a little marijuana, but always keeping in mind that eating and smoking marijuana have very different effects.
Shall we make a marijuana cake?
Today, I woke up looking forward doing something special in the kitchen, and told myself: “I’m going to prepare something easy and funny” and… Is there anything better than a marijuana sponge cake?… spending very little time in the kitchen, you can enjoy after, for a while, a delicious cannabic candy.
This recipe is designed with a cannabutter containing 130 mg of THC so that when infused into buttercream, each slice contains approximately 10 mg per slice.
It’s the perfect addition to any festive occasion, whether celebrating a birthday or the anniversary of legalization in your state or country.
- 3½ cups cake flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup room temperature butter (2 sticks)
- 1½ cups sugar
- 8 large egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Rainbow sprinkles
- 10 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1¼ cups room temperature butter (2½ sticks)
- 2 tablespoons room temperature cannabutter
- 1 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line two cake tins with parchment, cooking spray, and sprinkled flour
- In one mixing bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a glass measuring pitcher, add milk and vanilla extract
- In a stand mixer, beat together room temperature butter and sugar until light in color and fluffy
- On low speed, slowly add the flour to the butter and sugar mixture in three parts, one at a time, alternating with half of the milk mixture until you have a smooth batter
- In a separate mixing bowl or stand mixer, whisk together egg whites and cream of tartar until medium stiff peaks, then add sugar until you have stiff and glossy peaks
- Gently fold a quarter of the egg whites into the cake batter until smooth, then gently add the remaining whites. Fold together until you have a smooth and consistent batter
- Stir in sprinkles and then divide the mixture into the prepared cake pans and bake until a toothpick or cake tester comes out clean, about 25-30 minutes
- Let the cakes cool for 10 mins, then run a small knife around the edge of the cake and carefully remove the cakes from the tins. Peel off the parchment, then let cool completely on a wire rack, face up
- In the stand mixer, beat together powdered sugar and room temperature butter and cannabutter until smooth
- Slowly add the milk to the mixture and beat until smooth and consistent
- Trim the rounded tops of the cakes, then cut in half along the equator into 2 even slices (so you have 4 pieces in total)
- Put one piece on the cake stand, then add some icing to the edge of the cake, then place another piece on top and repeat until all of the cake pieces are used. For the last piece, use one of the bottom pieces flipped upside down so you have a nice flat top for the cake
- Ice around the sides and top of the cake to the desired thickness, then cover with rainbow sprinkles
Yield = 12 slices of cake
Tips for dosing cannabis infusions
The potency of your infusions depends on many factors, from how long and hot it was cooked to the potency of your starting material. To test the potency of your finished product, try spreading ¼ or ½ teaspoon on a snack and see how that dose affects you after an hour. Decrease or increase dose as desired. You can then use this personalized “standard” dose as a baseline for your recipes. Click here for more information on why potency is so difficult to measure in homemade cannabis edibles.
Cannabis Products Used For Cake-Making
Cannabis-infused butter is a staple inclusion in cannabis edibles and baked treats. Cannabutter contains 130 mg of THC. Infuse it into butter, and you get 10 mg of cannabis per slice. Stronger the weed, the stronger the butter. So, add cannabis in butter sensibly. The final preparation looks like traditional butter, but it is slightly green. This is a sign that the cannabis plant has melted and ready to cook. Store the butter preparation in the freezer in an airtight container. Licensed shops are the go-to when it comes to buying cannabutter.
Recipe of Cannabis Cake
Let us prepare the marijuana-infused cake with delight.
- Cannabutter: 1/2 cup
- Eggs: 2
- White sugar: 1 cup
- Brown sugar: 1/2 cup
- Flour: 2 cups
- Chocolate: 113 gm
- Olive oil: 2 tbsp
- Salt: 1/2 tbsp
- Yeast: 1 packet
- Cooking pan
- Grind the weed in the grinder into small pieces to get a better consistency.
- Take a pan and put the crushed weed and butter in it. Keep stirring it after every 15 minutes for 2-3 hours. The infused butter is what will go into the weed cake.
- In a bowl, add the flour, eggs, and butter. Now add chocolate (melted), salt, and yeast.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F for about 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer the contents of the pan into the bowl after coating it with butter. You can also use baking paper in the bowl to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- Put the pan into the oven and bake the cake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Use a knife tip to test the baking level of cannabis cake. Wear mittens for hand safety.
- For customers, adding organically grown CBD in the cake can increase the desired kick.
A cannabis-infused cake is not your ordinary plum cake. It can get you high, depending on the cannabis weed quantity you have put in. Make sure that the cannabis you are using is derived from trusted autoflower seeds, since they give the best yield. If it is your first time, take a small slice and wait for 2-3 hours to see the effects on your body. You can take another serving but keep in mind that cannabis can kick you in two hours. Hence, slow down while eating and serving cannabis-cake delicacy. Alternatively, you can buy CBD gummies in the UK and decorate your cake with it if you do not wish to add CBD directly into the cake batter.
Now that you know the recipe for cannabis cake call in your friends and treat them. But use cannabis quantity with care, and if you are not well aware of the dosage, consult an expert right away.
3 thoughts on “How to make marijuana cake”
Never had edibles before. Instead of using the cannabutter can I just grate the weed into a powder form and then add it to whatever I’m cooking, such as brownies or cookies? Would it have the same effect? If not then why not?
No, you have to make the cannabutter. Grating the weed doesn’t extract the THC from the bud.
Ok thanks! Also, I’ve seen a video on decarbing the weed, they baked it. Does this have the same effect as making the cannabutter? Is there a difference?