Also, what better way to round out an AM smoke sesh, than with some quality breakfast? And, while there are a million different options when it comes to this pre-lunch cuisine, I find that my sweet tooth usually makes the decisions during this part of the day.Which is probably why I’m such a huge fan of cinnamon rolls. I mean, who isn’t?These circular baked goods, infused with sugar, butter, and cinnamon, are some of the tastiest breakfast treats known to man. And, as amazing as they are in their current form, I’m here to tell you about a way to take these already-beloved cinnamon rolls to the next level. And I’m going to do that with the help of our old friend, Mary Jane.That’s right, by adding a strategic amount of cannabis-infused butter into the mix, it transforms these scrumptious spirals into potent pastries.Now, I’m sure your first question is: What if I don’t have any cannabis-infused butter?Easy. Simply head on down to your local dispensary. I’m sure their budtenders can help you pick out a quality tub of ganja butter. But, if you’re up to the task, you can easily whip up a batch of your very own at home.
If you’re on the hunt for a super sweet, delicate treat that is sure to get you stoned, then you’ll definitely want to try these cinnamon rolls. They get crispy and golden on the outside, but inside, they are light, fluffy, and melt in your mouth, especially with the help of the amazing icing that seals the whole deal. They’re great served cold or warm, and easy to make in large batches to serve at gatherings, which earns them an extra star in the big wide world of recipes.
These marijuana sweet rolls will stay fresh on the shelf for 3 – 4 days with only a light cover. No eggs, or milk are used and the butter has been clarified to oil for a very shelf stable recipe especially for cinnamon rolls. But don’t worry, the flavor is not compromised, it’s actually even better because the doubled amount butter oil melts out then absorbs back into the dough for a rich, gooey and and deliciously buttery dessert or paired with a cup of coffee in the morning for a decadent cannabis kick start.
Now, let’s get into the other ingredients for this recipe. All of which will be segmented into different categories (filling, glaze, and dough).I know that’s a lot far more than my average recipe. But, to be fair, these are a lot more intricate (and tastier) than the typical baked good that I write about, so the extra effort (and ingredients) are worth it.
These marijuana sweet rolls will stay fresh on the shelf for 3 – 4 days with only a light cover. No eggs, or milk are used and the butter has been clarified to oil for a very shelf stable recipe especially for cinnamon rolls.
Homemade cinnamon rolls with cannabutter recipe
One of the best things about homemade cinnamon rolls is that they really aren’t that difficult to make, which means that they work in a pinch for those with or without any prior experience in the kitchen, and if all else fails, you can always keep on scrolling to an even simpler solution that works great for those who have no confidence in their dough making abilities.
Preparation time: 1 hour 50 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 1 large egg
- 3 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup milk (warmed)
- ½ cup cannabutter (melted)
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons yeast (quick rise)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Large bowls
- Cooking spray
- Medium bowl
- Silicone spatula
- Preheat the oven to 200°F.
- Now add the warm milk, melted cannabutter, sugar, and yeast to a large bowl, combine them, and then leave it all to rest for approximately 10 minutes.
- Once the milk mixture becomes frothy, pour in the flour and salt, and then combine them until they form an even dough.
- Lightly flour a clean surface and transfer the dough, then knead it together for approximately 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Take a clean bowl and give it a nice coating of cooking spray before placing the ball of dough into it.
- Now roll the ball around until it’s all nicely covered in the cooking oil.
- Next, you’ll need to shut the oven off, and then place that bowl into it to rise for approximately 40 minutes.
- Retrieve the dough from the oven, and lightly flour a surface so that you can roll the dough out into a thick sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine the filling ingredients and then use a brush to coat the exposed dough with a hearty dose of cannabutter.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and while you wait, rub the brown sugar combination into the melted cannabutter until the sheet is evenly coated.
- Leave the dough to sit for another 30 minutes, because it still has a little bit of rising to do.
- Cut the dough into 12 strips and then roll each one up so that they resemble proper cinnamon rolls.
- Place all the rolls on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Combine the icing ingredients while the cinnamon rolls bake, and once they’re done, you can coat them in the sticky goodness, so that they’re ready to serve.
No kitchen skills? No problem!
The above cinnamon roll recipe is fantastic, but not everyone wants to make an entire recipe from scratch, which is why we’ve decided to include this extra easy, pre-bought dough set of instructions. They won’t be quite as thoroughly infused as the from-scratch cinnamon rolls above, but they will definitely hit that craving, and this idea takes most of the work out of the endeavor.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 11 minutes
- 1 tube of Pillsbury cinnamon rolls with icing
- ¼ cup cannabutter
- Basting brush
- Silicone spatula
- Baking dish
- Unroll the tube of dough so that the whole cinnamon layer is well exposed.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F, and while you wait, use the cannabutter to coat it all in the cannabinoid filled goodness.
- Roll up the cinnamon rolls and then proceed, following the instructions.
By the time it’s all done, it’s way faster and easier than making homemade cinnamon rolls, but it’s just as delicious.