Also known as Happy Pizza, cannabis pizza is an excellent option for laughing with friends, provided you keep in mind the basic rules about cannabis use when you eat it. We explain step by step how to proceed so that you can be successful in your next meeting with your colleagues.
I was looking at previous feeds on cannabis news and I just found out that I hadn’t read this one: “A Massachusetts dispensary sells a cannabis pizza”. The article talks about the success of the product for medicinal purposes, as Bob Marley put it:“Pot is the cure of a nation; alcohol is destruction”.
But on top of that, it is very appetizing. And who doesn’t like pizza? I, who declare myself a fan of healthy eating, also like this type of food, especially if it’s homemade and I can add a touch of cannabis.
It is not surprising that in some Asian countries, such as Cambodia, it is sold under the name Happy Pizza. If you have tasted it, you know better than anyone else that the effect is usually laughing, in addition to being thirsty. My friends told me that they feel a kind of tingling in their bodies.
In the meantime, I’m telling you how to make a cannabis pizza, which is the purpose of today’s article. In addition, if you are new to the kitchen of cannabis, I would also like to remind you of some important aspects before using it.
But let’s go, let’s get started. Take the paper and a pencil, an apron and come cook with me. I promise you that during its preparation and afterwards, once you have eaten it, you will have a good time.
How to make a cannabis pizza step by step
A famous pizzeria says that “the secret is in the dough”, however, in cannabis pizza the “secret” ? can be anywhere you want it: in the dough, in the tomato, in the oil you add to the ingredients or, for example, as a substitute for oregano, being one more ingredient that is added to the dough.
You will have to choose where you want to add it. You can make it in dough or ingredients, but be careful! You know that smoking cannabis is not the same as using it and that the effects are very different from one person to another, so here’s my first tip: add as little as possible.
The recommended measure is half a gram of cannabis per person, but if someone has never used it, you can even reduce it. Anyway, my advice is never to exceed that amount. Why is that so? Very simple: the goal is to have fun and not to make a bad trip.
But that’s not all: I know you’d like to mix pizzas and beers, which is typical of a dinner with friends, but think that mixing cannabinoids with alcohol is never a good option, no matter what the degree. Also, water, coca cola or other soft drinks aren’t bad either, is it?
Pizza, everyone’s favourite food! Seriously… who doesn’t like pizza? Especially when it’s weed pizza! This cannabis edible recipe will knock your socks off! It’s great-tasting and fun to dose your cannabis with.
This society loves to mix pizza and cannabis together but not usually in the form of edibles. Usually, pizza is the go-to munchies when you’re hungry! But now the roles have reversed. The pizza has now become the cannabis! Now you can enjoy both edible gummies and pizza together!
- Cannabis-infused olive oil
- 200 gr flour
- 5g fresh baking yeast
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- Warm water
- 2 large cut up tomatoes
- Individual toppings (e.g. mozzarella, bacon, salami, onions, mushrooms)
1. For the pizza dough, you can create it yourself (the better tasting option) or use a store-bought one. If you make one yourself mix the yeast into a glass of warm water. Mix in a pinch of salt and half a tablespoon of sugar.
2. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
3. Mix a pinch of salt, 200 grams of flour and 4 tablespoons of your cannabis-infused oil in a bowl together.
4. Add the yeast mix and knead for around 10 minutes. The dough is ready when it’s elastic and non-sticky soft.
5. Cover the dough and store it in a warm place for at least an hour.
6. The next step of preparation is the cannabis pizza tomato sauce. To do so, combine the tomatoes, some salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano and a half a cup of warm water in a pan. The amount of these seasonings you use is optional, and should be to taste. Allow this mix to simmer over a medium heat for 15 minutes. This will reduce it all into a sauce. If the sauce gets too low, top it up with a little extra water. If it is too watery, allow it to boil away and reduce further. If you are using store bought dough, add a little extra cannabis-infused oil in to compensate for the oil that isn’t in the dough.
7. Now roll out the dough and spread the pizza tomato sauce on it. This is your basic marijuana pizza.
8. Next, you can add toppings to your pizza as you like. Popular choices would be a kind of cheese like mozzarella or Gouda, bacon, salami, onions and mushrooms. Really, the choice here is up to you as you can add almost any ingredient that you like. Even exotic foods like pineapple, asparagus, tuna or shrimps can be applied.
9. If you want to you now can even drizzle your pizza with more of the prepared cannabis olive oil for an extra kick.
10. Bake it at 200°C for 18-20 minutes until it’s browned.
So, there you have it – easy as can be. It gets a little more complicated if you want to make your own dough, but shop bought is an option for those who don’t have the time. You could even buy a pizza sauce and infuse it with your oil! Either way, cannabis pizza is a delicious and versatile cannabis edible. The potency is up to you as you can add the cannabis oil in many ways and stages of the process – just remember it takes up to 2 hours to take effect once eaten!