Are you Craving for that chewy toffee candies that you can munch on while on the go! We will show you a Cannabutter toffee recipe mix that results in some soft and chewy candies riddled with chocolate and nuts on top! What is excellent about this Cannabutter infused toffee recipe is that it can be adjusted depending on how potent you want your product to be! Add some more cannabutter and you are well on your way for that awesome chewy gooey time when watching tv or even while strolling around the mall. Plus, this Cannabutter Toffee also stores very well and can last you for a couple of weeks and still have the fresh marijuana treat!
Cannabis Toffe. Not only does it have a ring to it, but these caramels taste great. What I really like about these caramels is that they are easily concealable and simple to make. Not only that, but there’s a lot you can do with them too! I regularly attend the cannabis cup and every year people get more creative especially caramels. Now, the cannabis caramel recipe we are using today is basic, but can be touched up upon if you’d like. We don’t need a whole lot of ingredients for this one, but we will need the following.
Cannabutter toffee is a super simple recipe to do and you will be done almost in no time. You just need to get the sugars and the butter melted together and reach a certain temperature while making sure that it will not burn, and once it cools down, your Cannabis-infused toffee marijuana treats are too. What you only have to do next is to top it with chocolate and nuts, let it cool fully, break apart and enjoy! So what are we waiting for, let’s get this thing going!
Cannabutter toffee recipe
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup CannaButter (See our Cannabutter Recipe)
- 3/4 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 200 grams of chocolate milk or 1cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts (You can use Pecans, Walnuts or whatever your preference is)
Things you’ll need
- Small stockpot
- Wooden spoon
- Baking sheet
- Wax paper
- Candy thermometer
- Large stockpot with water
Decarb your flower
You can easily find cannabutter at some specialty cannabis stores. However, making it is not difficult at all. Moreover, it will allow you to control how much THC or CBD you want your butter to have. Learn here how to make cannabutter.
- Preheat your oven to 250 F.
- Grind 20 grams of buds. We recommend using since it will easily create a fine powder to mix with the rest of the ingredients. The KLIP doesn’t crush your herb, retaining its tasty trichomes for a powerful flavor.
- Spread the ground flower on a baking sheet and take it to the oven for 45 minutes.
- Check on your ground cannabis flower from time to time and stir to allow every piece to cook evenly.
- When the flower has turned brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool. If it crumbles easily between your fingers, it is ready to use.
To infuse it into butter, take your preferred oil or butter and heat both ingredients for about 30-60 minutes. Stir every 15 or 20 minutes, making sure the carrier oil or butter doesn’t burn.
Step by step
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Servings: 20 bites
Calories (average): 124 kcal
THC (average): 200 mg
- Pour the sugar, cannabutter, regular butter, water, and salt into your small stockpot. If you want to boost your edible strength, change the amount of cannabutter while decreasing the amount of standard butter to a total of 1 cup. This means you can use half a cup of cannabutter and half a cup of regular butter.
Note: When using salted butter, don’t add the extra tablespoon of salt.
- Melt and incorporate your cannabutter toffee mixture in a stockpot on low heat. Ensure that you move it constantly until it begins to melt with a spoon or some chunks of butter will surface, so be attentive and don’t leave it for too long.
- While you wait, cover your baking sheet by lining it with wax paper, filling up a larger pot halfway with cold water, and dousing the mixture for cooling later. You can leave this in the fridge to do it faster.
- Continue to cook the cannabutter toffee mixture on low heat until it begins to boil. It is better if you use a pot that distributes heat evenly to avoid ruining the rest.
- Place your candy thermometer in the center of the pot once you see it bubbling. Steadily stir, scraping the edges to prevent some of the butter or sugar from burning.
- Keep moving the mixture with the spoon until the candy thermometer reads 300°F. Lift the stockpot from the stove and dowse the bottom of it within the larger stockpot with ice-cold water until it reaches the desired temperature. This will cause the metal to cool quickly, stopping the cannabutter toffee treat from cooking.
Tip: If you like a soft crack bar, similar to the ones you purchase, then let it reach 280°F.
- Pour your marijuana-infused toffee onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper right away and set it aside to cool. The toffee is still really hot, and it will harm you, therefore do not manipulate with your bare hands even if it seems to be cold enough.
- For the chocolate layer, melt a couple of bars or 1 cup of the kind you prefer (whether it is dark or milk) in the microwave for 10 seconds to prevent burning it, or use a double boiler if you prefer.
- Using a spatula, spread the liquid chocolate uniformly over the weed toffee mixture. Allow the toffee to cool and settle for about 2 hours after adding the chopped nuts or any other topping. You can place the baking in the fridge to speed the process, but only when the toffee is relatively warm and not too hot.
- When the cannabutter toffee has fully cooled, grab the already firm candy and cut or split it apart with a knife into smaller weed flavored toffee treats per serving size or bite-sized bits. Store in the fridge in an airtight container for maximum durability (2 weeks approx.)
10.) Once fully cooled in, invert the Cannabis toffee onto your baking tray and use a knife to cut or break it apart into smaller Cannabis infused toffee candy treats per serving size or bite-sized pieces. Place in an airtight container and the fridge for better storing. Viola! You now have your homemade Cannabis Toffee or Cannabutter Toffee Edibles ready to enjoy!
All you need to do is enjoy responsibly! This tasty treat will calm your cravings for sure. Besides, it is super easy and quick to make. You can also put some saltine crackers to put at the bottom of your toffee and even increase the dosage when you need a strong hit, and as edibles usually last longer, it will help you more in case you are a medical user.