We’re adding a couple of twists to the classic, original Rice Krispies Treats recipe.First, we’re adding marijuana.That addition alone takes this to a higher level. But then we’re taking it one step further and replacing the Rice Krispies cereal with Honey Nut Cheerios cereal.
For one reason or another, weed users have always had a soft spot for cereal. I’m not entirely sure why that tends to be the case, but often you’ll spot a stoner, fresh off a smoke session, comfortably lounging on their couch, with their TV on, and a bowl of freshly poured cereal in their lap.There’s something inherently pleasing and relaxing about diving into a few bowls of your favorite breakfast cuisine to fend off those ever-present “munchies.” A wave of nostalgia (and deliciousness) takes over with each delectable bite of these miniature milk-covered morsels of greatness. But, while it goes without saying, not all cereals are created equal. There are brands and types out there that are far superior than anything else you’ll find in the cereal aisle.
However, even though there’s a veritable plethora of options to choose from when it comes to cereal, there’s a few selections that prove their worth through versatility. By that I mean, most cereals are only enjoyable when placed in a bowl full of milk, but there are others on the market who can transform themselves into a hearty, super-satisfying treat.Emphasis on treat.Perhaps, some of you already know going with this, or maybe you simply read the title of this recipe and deduced what I was referencing on your own. Regardless of your “detective” work, the fact remains that I am talking about the one, the only, Rice Krispies.
These miniscule rice bits may appear bland, but they are actually one of the most enjoyable cereals in the game. And they have been since they first hit the cereal scene all those decades ago. But, just because they are delicious in a bowl of cold milk , that doesn’t mean that’s where the “taste party” ends. These little tidbits of breakfast can be combined with a few other household ingredients to create a truly epic snack that millions of Americans have been enjoying for years.I am, of course, talking about the world famous, Rice Krispie Treat.Is there anything better than biting into one of these marshmallow and butter-laden squares? They are equal parts light and filling. Every bite seems more enjoyable than the last, and it’s insanely clear as to why these are some of the most coveted snacks out there. And, what’s even better, is they are incredibly easy to make at home.
Mind blowing, right?
It’s so good, that we think this is how it should always be made.Of course, don’t take our word for it. We encourage you to give it a try for yourself.But we do think that this recipe should come with a bit of a warning.
- You’re going to want to eat way more than one. Like WAY more.
- You’re going to want to eat so many more, that we actually recommend whipping up two batches of this recipe. One batch should contain weed. The second batch should be made without the ganja. That way you can eat one of the “special” treats and then eat the entire other pan without getting so high that you forget your name for a week.
- If you don’t follow step 2, just know that you might want to eat the entire pan of Cannabis Honey Nut Cheerio Rice Krispie Treats. If that happens, you may forget your name for a week. Don’t say we didn’t warn you.
How to make cannabis honey nut cheerios rice krispie treats
This recipe will truly bring back your best childhood memories. But it will be like you’re looking at your childhood through an amazing filter of marijuana and Honey Nut Cheerios.
This is a filter that we really wish someone would make for Instagram.
First you’ll mix CannaButter, regular butter and marshmallows in a microwaveable bowl or in a pot on the stove and melt them all down.Then you’ll stir in your Honey Nut Cheerios cereal.And finally you’ll press them into a greased 9×13 pan. Let them cool, cut them into 12 equal servings and enjoy!
It really is that easy to get high.Just remember our warning from above – you should also make a batch of these without the CannaButter so you can really eat as many as you want.
Cannabis honey nut cheerios rice krispie treats recipe
Chewy. Gooey. Weed Rice Krispie Treats are made even better with Honey Nut Cheerios instead of the Rice Krispies cereal. Enjoy this easy childhood classic original recipe with two substitutions that will make you craving them every single day of your life for as long as you live.
- Author: Cannabis Spatula
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 1 tablespoon regular butter
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) Marshmallows
- 6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios cereal
- In a large saucepan, melt CannaButter and regular butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Honey Nut Cheerios cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using wax paper, evenly press mixture into 9×13 pan coated with cooking spray.
- Cut into 2-inch squares to create 12 equal servings.
- Best if served the same day.
- In microwave-safe bowl heat regular butter, CannaButter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Follow steps 3-7 above.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
- To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- To make this recipe vegan and dairy-free, use the dairy-free butter of your choice when making your cannabutter and as a substitute for the regular butter.